Recommended VPS for your FreeBSD or Linux Server + Custom Iso Allowed (Free $20 credit for limited time, grab it now by click Here)
Joomla is very popular CMS, it’s easy to setup and require only working php and mysql installation.
A problem may arise when your administrator password lost or forgot.
Can I recover my admin password or create a new one ?
It’s common question in "Setting your own Content Management System" workshop.
Use php md5() function !
Here’s the steps :
1. Open your php ide and type this code :
echo "My New Joomla Administrator Password is : $my_md5_password";
save this snippet as joomla.php and run it in browser.
2. Copy paste your md5 generated password.
3. Open phpmyadmin and select joomla database.
4. Select user table (jos_users) and find administrator entry, click edit icon.
5. Replace your password with password in step 2
6. Save your changes
7. Done, try login to administrator page with new password.