Recommended VPS for your FreeBSD or Linux Server + Custom Iso Allowed (Free $20 credit for limited time, grab it now by click Here)
I myself still feel amazing on how harddisk work such ;
- where is the data located?
- how fragmentation looks like
Still a lot of question left 🙂
Yesterday I found interesting software that might be able to answer my question
Here’s Windirstat work for 🙂
Some Windirstat feature from Author site :
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
- Coupling. Select an item in the directory list: The treemap highlights it; and vice versa.
- Built-in cleanup actions including Open, Show Properties, Delete.
- User-defined cleanups (command line based).
- Works with network drives and UNC paths.
- ‘Create disk usage report’ option.
Here’s the step to install windirstat in my computer :
1. Download latest release and put in some place followed double click to start installation
2. Click Next after choose I accept
3. Click Next to Continue
4. Choose Installation directory and Install button
5. Click Next to start installation program
6. Click Finish
7. Choose All Local Drives to start see windirstat in action
8. Pacman time 🙂 , watch the animation
9. After clean up finish, I see interesting picture
10. I try to click a block and usefull information show up
This tool very good to illustrate how harddisk looks like and their management.
Thanks to you windirstat 🙂