Recommended VPS for your FreeBSD or Linux Server + Custom Iso Allowed (Free $20 credit for limited time, grab it now by click Here)
My wife ask me what application she can use for download file from internet. She just install Ubuntu. I used to use wget but I think it’s not the right time for her to touch command line 🙂
After searching on internet I pick one D4X.
Here’s my steps for installing download manager (D4x) in Ubuntu Dekstop 8.04 :
1. Login ke sistem
2. Click System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager
3. Fill your password.
4. If successfully, You’ll enter ‘Synaptic Package Manager’. Click on Search then type ‘d4x’.
5. Tick on S column.
Pop up will appear to confirm â€˜Mark for Installationâ€™. Click that message to confirm.
6. Dependency will show up. Just accept that by click ‘Mark’ button.
7. Press button â€˜Applyâ€™ to start installation process.
8. Installation process will start. At the end new menu on Internet category will appear.
â€˜Downloader for Xâ€™.
9. Click â€˜Downloader for Xâ€™ will bring you to th application interface.
My wife try this application and she like it 🙂
Installation process in video format can be download from here.