My Vmware 6 trial is over but I already install FreeBSD 4,5,6 and 7 using it. After have some spare time to test VirtualBox 1.4.0 power ( able running vmdk) I give it a chance.
Generally what I do is adding each disk to disk manager and run that disk.
Here’s the steps :
1. Open VirtualBox and push CTRL+D or click File -> Virtual Disk Manager
2. Click Add
3. Select a hard disk image file, then click Open
4. I add FreeBSD 4.11 disk
5. Repeat adding disk for FreeBSD 4,5 and 6
6. Click New to start New machine, wizard will open
7. Type the name "FreeBSD 4.11" and choose OS Type FreeBSD
8. Define memory, virtualbox will suggest memory size for You
9. Virtual HD
10. Select Disk from availabe disk (drop down menu) click Next
11. Click Next
13. Click Start
14. Disable message and click OK
15. Click Next
16. Click Cancel
Machine should up
I made video version of this page, click here to see.