Best way to learn scripting / program is easy. Just write the code and see the result.
With the progress of OOP approach in field recently for our team make its ‘hard’ to adapt such change in mindset :
Procedural vs Object Oriented Programming
With case codeiginter, we must learn the basic of OOP in PHP. Starting by dumping php4 and use php5 for production release.
Thanks to a lot of tutorial about OO in internet world, some of them are :
- KillerPHP, very good. With video too.
I myself more familiar with book, as I can carry it whenever I want and read it in my bed. When I feel I like to practice I’ll dive to my laptop and try to code.
Some books ( I ordered some in Amazon ) are :
From amazon description :
CodeIgniter (CI) is a powerful open-source PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. CodeIgniter is an MVC framework, similar in some ways to the Rails framework for Ruby, and is designed to enable, not overwhelm.
This book explains how to work with CodeIgniter in a clear logical way. It is not a detailed guide to the syntax of CodeIgniter, but makes an ideal complement to the existing online CodeIgniter user guide, helping you grasp the bigger picture and bringing together many ideas to get your application development started as smoothly as possible.
- Clear, structured tutorial on working with CodeIgniter
- Careful explanation of the basic concepts of CodeIgniter and its MVC architecture
- Using CodeIgniter with databases, HTML forms, files, images, sessions, and email
- Building a dynamic website quickly and easily using CodeIgniter’s prepared code
Improve your PHP coding productivity with this guide to the powerful and popular CodeIgniter framework.
- Setting up the CI package on your web server
- Understanding the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern for organizing a dynamic website
- Understanding the structure of a CI site
- Designing better views and controllers
- Object-oriented aspects of CI
- Integrating databases such as MySQL and simplifying your database access
- Making your site more robust and professional by using CI’s built-in classes
- Creating and validating HTML forms with CI form helpers
- Handling files, images, and sessions with CI
- Sending email from CI
- Using CI for testing your code with error handling, unit testing, benchmarking, and profiling
- Getting an XML-RPC server and client working
- Generating Create, Update, Delete, and Read (C.R.U.D) entries on each database table
This book steps you through the main features of CodeIgniter in a systematic way, explaining them clearly with illustrative code examples.
With some advanced ajax technique I get confuse in beginning when talk about ajax when Allan show his BambooInvoice.
Another book that in my wishlist (not ordered yet) is :
The description very interesting :
For while I’ll use CI manual and tutorial I list in other posting.
Keep learn and learn 🙂