Deal with gammu and mysql make learn more about mysql feature in mysql 5.0 called trigger.
Books always good to start with so I choose MySQL Stored Procedure Programming book to start with but others might help to for someone looking for practical solution in cookbook form etc :
- High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication, and More
- MySQL Cookbook
- MySQL Stored Procedure Programming
- MySQL in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (O’Reilly))
- MySQL Administrator’s Bible (Bible (Wiley))
- Understanding MySQL Internals
Looking around in google make me find some interesting links around trigger in mysql, here the list :
- A Tutorial on Database Concepts, SQL using MySQL, basic concept including terms.
- MySQL Triggers Tryout, Onlamp explain it with sample.
- Creating Triggers, tips for creating trigger.
- MySQL Triggers Tutorial, more detail explanation of mysql trigger line per line.
- MySQL Triggers, Auto-generate additional information in the database.
- MySQL triggers, case study.
- How To Use Triggers to Track Changes in MySQL, more advance sample.
- MySQL Triggers: How do you abort an INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE with a trigger?
- A Little MySQL Trigger Manage Tool
- Handling UPDATE errors in MySQL triggers
Wew, a lot of example but for deliver due project I’ll use cron. Once I get the point I’ll try out trigger 🙂